Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Glass Castle - Book Review

The Glass Castle: A Memoir The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
When I was about 1/2 way through this book I started thinking this HAS to be grossly exaggerated, however at some undefined point I started to believe. This book once again makes me think - Perception is 9/10's of any situation! These kids made the best of what life dealt them and that is a beautiful thing.

It's always humbling to read a memoir that makes your childhood seem rosy in comparison. I knew from the very beginning that Brian was going to become a cop, it was in his nature at 7 years old.

This makes me wonder which side of the fence does the grass grow greener?
a) Family that takes and takes from you; making you draw boundaries and dealing with the guilt of saying, "No. I'm sorry, I can't do that." at times.
or
b) Family that won't accept your help; rendering you helpless and dealing with the guilt of not doing enough.



View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment