Monday, September 13, 2010

The Mini G Project - Week 14


Technology is absolutely amazing! Here Mini G is 14 weeks and from the crown to the rump s/he is just over 6cm's long. For such a tiny little thing, this picture is amazingly clear.

This picture is from the ultrasound we had done they call an N/T Scan. This along with blood work told us the following risk assessments:

Down Syndrome: 1 / 2,000
Trisomy 18: 1 / 98,000

I fretted and stressed about having this test done. If something was terribly wrong, I couldn't imagine terminating this pregnancy, so I thought this test was totally unnecessary. Kevin wanted to know, to be able to prepare. Since this baby is 1/2 his, I gave in and I am so happy that I did. Our little Mini G is fine and we were able to watch Mini move all around, waving arms and doing somersaults.


S/he was sleeping when we first got there so I ate a piece of candy to wake Mini G up, and that did the trick so much that s/he got the hiccups! It was amazing to watch her move around and at one point she even turned away and mooned us. This kid has attitude already! :) 

After miscarrying over Christmas, I was scared to get too excited. The loss broke my heart, a void that still makes me cry and shakes me to the core of my being. I was constantly worried, almost convinced that we were not going to be able to keep this one either. After watching Mini G push against the walls of my uterus and move around - it hit me - WE ARE HAVING A BABY! WE ARE HAVING A BABY! 



Laughing, crying, and dancing with more love in my heart than I know what to do with...WE ARE HAVING A BABY.

No comments:

Post a Comment